All of ILP’s courses focus on speaking and listening, so that you can learn to communicate effectively in real-life situations. The courses provide the basics of the language – grammar, vocabulary, and idioms. However, ILP personalizes your lessons to meet your goals.
Before you begin, we will talk with you to understand your goals and assess your level in order to design your course. Then we will plan a schedule to accommodate your availability.
During and after your course, you will receive regular progress reports and feedback. You may also ask any questions to your teacher or ILP staff to ensure that we are meeting your expectations.
Here is a summary of the different courses and experiences ILP offers:
- Flexible scheduling
- 2-hour lessons, 1-5 days a week
- Up to 8 hours a day, 5 days a week
- Optional TOEIC tests (for ESL students)
- Optional homestay
- Common business vocabulary and idioms
- Communicating in everyday business situations
- Business writing skills for emails, reports, presentations, etc.
- Business customs and etiquette
For ESL students, ILP can arrange a homestay where you live with an American family. A homestay is the best way to gain insights into American culture. It also gives you opportunities to practice your English every day.
Homestays services include:
- Airport pickup – a member of the ILP staff or your homestay family will meet you at the airport, take you to your “new home”, and help you get comfortably settled
- Private bedroom
- Breakfast and dinner, Monday through Friday
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Saturday and Sunday
- Social and recreational activities with your host family
- Transportation to and from ILP everyday