Intensive English Course
The goal of our Intensive English Course is to help you develop your ability to communicate and express ideas clearly and accurately. We will help you speak with confidence and develop a more productive work relationship with colleagues and customers.
Our Blue Ash, Ohio location, in the Heart of America, guarantees that you will be completely immersed in accent-free, pure English, with many opportunities outside of class to hear and speak English, as well as observe American customs and culture.
Our Intensive English Course combines concentrated one-on-one instruction with a curriculum designed to meet your specific needs. You will study up to 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for one or more weeks.
Based on your individual needs, field trips to local shops and businesses will be arranged to give you an opportunity to use newly acquired language skills.
A team of highly-qualified teachers will work with you to give you an opportunity to hear different pronunciation and speaking styles. The use of a variety of techniques ensures that you will have fun along the way.
ILP's Intensive English Course provides:
- Initial evaluation by our Program Manager
- Periodic progress reports
- TOEIC tests
- Emphasis on speaking, listening and building idiomatic vocabulary
- Customized vocabulary (accounting, engineering, marketing, etc.)
- Books and audio-visual materials to fit your specific needs
- Activities to help you learn about American customs, lifestyles, and ways of thinking
- Development of speaking skills for presentations, conferences, negotiations, phone calls, as well as business and social etiquette
- Airport pickup and hotel reservations: A member of the ILP staff or your homestay family will meet you at the airport, take you to your new "home," and help you get comfortably settled.
- Homestay opportunities where you live as a member of a typical American family: The best way to gain an insight into American culture is by participating in a homestay. Living with an American family is an exciting and rewarding experience. During the homestay, you will observe, learn and experience a new lifestyle and culture, while practicing your English in a family home. Our host families, carefully chosen, provide a friendly and secure environment and will do everything possible to make you feel like a member of the family.
- Private bedroom with private bath
- Breakfast and dinner Monday through Friday and breakfast, lunch and dinner on the weekends
- Social and recreational activities with the host family.
- Transportation to and from ILP, as needed